Tuesday, December 11, 2012

3-2-1 Final Exam

3 New Things I Learned:

  • How to Use Moodle:  While I didn't learn how to create anything in Moodle, I learned how to navigate Moodle as a "user."  I have never used Moodle, but I can see how this could be a very useful tool as a teacher and an administrator.  
  • WallWisher:  This was a really neat Web 2.0 tool that was presented.  This would be a great to use as a teacher for collaboration in the classroom, but also as an administrator for gather feedback from the faculty.  
  • Animoto:  This is a great tool for creating videos.  This is something I will use personally and professionally. 
2 Things I Have Used:  
  • LiveBinder:  I LOVE LiveBinder.  With the MARS Grant, I have been posting documents on the Intranet for the teachers to access after our training sessions.  However, many teachers do not feel comfortable with the format of the Intranet.  They complained that our folder was hard to find and it wasn't easily accessible.  So, I used LiveBinder for our grant documents.  The teachers have been VERY complimentary of this format!  MARS LiveBinder
  • Jing:  I am really excited about the possibilities of Jing.   I recorded a short video on how to use the "capture" tool on Workspace for a teacher to follow-up on a meeting.  The video worked well.  However, I do have some issues when the video gets closer to five months, but I hope to get this one figured out a little better soon!  
1 Thing I Will Use as an Administrator:
  • Podcasting:  I think Podcasts would be a great way to get information out to the faculty on specific topics.     

No comments:

Post a Comment