Monday, November 19, 2012

Student Choice...Dog Bites

Yesterday I was going for a run in my neighborhood.  I have ran this same street at least 100 times over the past year. I was running in the middle of this neighborhood road to avoid some trash piled up on the side of the cub, and out of no where a Rottweiler came up behind me took a bite of my leg.  Luckily, my long pant kept him from getting a good hold of my leg, but I have a 4 inch bruise/mark to mark the spot!
Things I learned from this experience:
1.)  Buy some Pepper Spray....I was SCREAMING at the top of my lungs for help because the dog kept charging at me and no one heard me.  (Well, I think the old man on his lawn mower heard and saw me, but he didn't care enough to come help me....that's another story!)
2.)  Some people think that a 3 foot tall fence is sufficient for a Rottweiler, but its not!  Guess what, they can get out!
3.)  Run with a friend.  This isn't the scariest thing that could happen running alone, but I was pretty scared!
4.) Now I know why I see some of my neighbors walking with a big stick.   Maybe I should fore go the pepper spray for a bill club....or carry both!  
5.)  I am now constantly aware of dogs when I run!

I did report my bite to the proper authorities for the safety of children that live in our neighborhood.  My bite will heal, but this dog could have done some real damage to a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment